Monday, May 9, 2011

>.< stupid doe!

I'm having a problem with one of my first time Does, Rita.  She had a litter April 21st, 2 sable points & 3 broken sable points.  I was so excited to have a whole litter of sable points ♥
here's the problem...
I dont know if she just isnt taking care of them or if she isnt producing a whole lot of milk (I've been giving her calf manna to help with milk production)....honestly, I'm leaning towards not taking care of them though.  So far, we lost 2 babies & the other 3 are super tiny....The past couple days I've been holding her on her back and letting the babies feed from her.  As a last resort, today I stuck one of the bigger babies in with another doe that has babies that are younger but double the size, hope its able to survive.

I'm gonna give Rita one more chance, and if she fails to take care of her babies again she will be removed from the breeding program.

-Malena

1 comment:

  1. All but 2 of the babies have died....I fostered the 2 babies to one of Brendan's Nethie does. They are starting to nibble on hay & feed....hopefully they'll do good and thrive *fingers crossed*

    ReplyDelete