Friday, June 11, 2010

Wowza!

This morning, I went down to feed the basment bunnies....which are mostly moms & babies or moms to be.  Today I have 2 Holland Lop Does that are due to have babies~ Cynabun & Charlotte.  Cynabun was a very early nester, about a week and a half before her due date she started plucking fur and stuffing it in a back corner of the cage.  As soon as I saw that, I was a little concerned because it was so early but went ahead and put in a nestbox anyways.  Of course, she dug right in and plucked a bunch of fur.....at this point I thought maybe she was having a false pregnancy.  But boy did she surprise me this morning!  She had a litter of EIGHT!!! (only one was DOA)  We havent had a litter this big a long time!  They are sired by LOV's Maestro, this is our first litter of Maestro babies....I'm excited to see how they turn out.

Charlotte is also due today, so far not too much progress.  She's got the nest hollowed out and ready but no fur plucking yet.....she's just kind of resting right now.  She is also bred to Maestro  :)
As soon as she has babies, I will update.

***UPDATE***
around 2pm Charlotte had 4 babies sired by Maestro  :)
-Malena

2 comments:

  1. Wow 8 babies from a Holland! Congratulations, I hope they turn out nice for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks April...Yeah, I was shocked that she had that many babies~she isnt even a big huge brood doe either! lol

    ReplyDelete