Tuesday, October 5, 2010

:(

I lost 2 little baby Hollands the other day....they just turned 4 weeks old, this is the hardest time for little bunnies~just transitioning from mommas milk to eating and drinking on their own.  Some babies just dont transition very well  :(

One of the babies, was a broken black doe out of Kelly & Thunder....it was the only survivor and was fostered to Holly's litter.  Kelly has been a slow starter, so I was excited to finally get a live baby from her. 
It was doing great, but then one day I went out to the rabbitry and I could just tell by looking at her, she wasnt doing very well....she just lost all interest in eating :/  I tried giving her some benebac, but didnt have any luck this time. 

The other baby was a broken sable point buck out of Holly & Amor...I believe he was a fader.  Its a shame cuz he was super cute.  I still have 3 of his brothers, and so far they all seem to be doing well.

In other news, Peaches babies are doing great and looking cute....they just recently turned 3 weeks old. There are 2 blue torts, a broken blue tort, a tort & a broken tort.  Hopefully they all transition well...fingers & toes crossed

-Malena

No comments:

Post a Comment