Monday, April 5, 2010

Blah, blah, blah

No too much exciting going on around here.  This past weekend we had a neighborhood Easter egg hunt at our house, for all the little kids.  It was a lot of fun.  I took a kiddie pool down and put a couple bunnies in it for the kids to pet.  It started out cloudy, but warm.....after a while, I noticed 2 of the 4 bunnies I took down were getting too warm, so I took them back up to the rabbitry.  We put up a big umbrella for shade, and took a couple ice packs down to help keep them cool, I also rubbed cool water on their ears-that seemed to help. 
You really gotta keep an eye on bunnies during the warmer weather, they can overheat very quickly!

I checked Charlotte's babies to see what colors she had, turns out she has....1 Tort, 2 Broken Torts & 1 Broken Sable Point.  And Janessa has 3 Torts & 1 Broken Tort.  In the rabbitry, I am overflowing with solids!  So, I am glad I have a couple young brokens in the nestbox to choose from.

-Malena

No comments:

Post a Comment