Saturday, March 6, 2010

First impressions...

I try my best to make a good impression, when it comes to new visitors that come to the rabbitry.  I tend to keep the rabbitry clean anyhow but when I know someone is coming over, I take extra time to make sure I change pans and clean.  Rabbits can make a mess very quickly and if you dont keep up with it, it can get out of hand.  Some times my husband thinks I clean the rabbitry more than I do the house! LOL
I take great pride in having a nice, clean rabbitry with beautiful, healthy bunnies  :)

Today was a beautiful day, I cant wait until Spring comes so I can take all the stacking cages out and spray them down again. I could have done it today but my main helper, Brendan wasnt here....the kids had Saturday school today--one of the many snow day make up days!
I also need to put down a new layer of mulch in the outside rabbitry and clean out the manure beds-(I guess I'll post an ad on Craigslist or IWANNA and try to sell some) And what doesnt sell I'll have the kids help me put it on the garden, and around trees.....Rabbit manure is great fertilizer!

Update on Willow Walker Pepper....I was able to get her bred to Lars today!!!  Hopefully she'll take and about a month from now we'll have a litter of cute little baby Hollands.  I'm keeping my fingers crossed for some Broken Blacks!-(one of my favorite colors) ♥

-Malena

No comments:

Post a Comment