Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Holland babies :)

Willow Walker Pepper, a broken black doe I got from Janice was due to have babies yesterday.....when I put in her nestbox a couple days ago, she made a mess of it~ pulling out almost all the hay. lol  I put the hay back in and moved it to the other corner, I guess that made her happy cuz she left it alone.  This afternoon, I was down in the basement and saw her plucking tons & tons of fur!  I went and did some couple chores and came back and found 5 little babies, sired by Amor!  Only bad news is, 3 of them were peanuts so it looks like we only have 2 healthy ones, and they both look like torts.  I tell ya, between my 2 broken black does~Pepper & Janessa, I just cant seem to get any broken black babies this time around! lol  Maybe I need to start wishing for torts, maybe then I'll get some broken blacks! lol  Janessa had 3 solid blacks & 3 broken torts!  :P

Other baby news, we lost 2 of Marie's babies.....they just didnt seem to thrive, so now we are down to 4 out of her & McLovin.  We lost 2 solid torts, so now she has 3 broken torts & 1 solid tort in the nestbox.

My black doe, Twyla is due in a couple more days, she is bred to Jeremy.....again, here I go~hoping for broken black babies! lol  Lets see if Twyla can grant my wish.....I'll keep ya posted  ;)

-Malena

No comments:

Post a Comment