Sunday, May 30, 2010

Taylorsville show

Yesterday was the Taylorsville show....I have good news and some really bad news  :(
There werent very many rabbits on the table for both of our breeds.....in the Netherland Dwarf youth show there were only 4 Netherlands, and Brendan had 2 of them! lol   And this is hard to believe but on the Open Holland table there were only 5 rabbits total!  And that was because I late entered 2 of them when we got there! lol

Okay first, the good news:  Brendan won BOB with Yogi & BOS with Bug in show A....Yogi went on to win Best in Show!  In show B, Brendan won BOB with Yogi & BOS with Bug....Yogi went on to win Best Reserve In Show!  In Open Show A, my Holland Lop doe named Holly won BOS.
In other good news, we brought home another 6-hole stacker from Charles Bryant....that will give us alittle more room to grow out some juniors.

And now for the bad news  :(   While I was waiting for the Hollands to go up for the second show, I get a phone call from my daughter saying that one of my rabbits died!  She was freaking out, it took a while to figure out which rabbit she was talking about but when I found out, I lost the one rabbit I would most hate to lose right now  :(   it was LOV's Wrigley  :*(
Losing her is especially hard because I was so excited to add her to my rabbitry, I looked forward to seeing her babies~she was bred to LOV's Lars too so that makes me really sad.  I am so upset  :(
But, I am so thankful that Krys was nice enough to give me Wrigley's daughter, Kelly.....I just hope we can get some babies and continue the line.

-Malena

1 comment:

  1. Oh no!!! I'm sorry about Wrigley- makes you not even want to go out to the rabbitry :(.

    ReplyDelete