Friday, May 21, 2010

Rainy day babies

Well, this morning I went out to feed real quick before it started to rain....didnt quite make it though, it had already started raining before I got out there! lol  Willow Walker Marie was bred to McLovin and was due to have babies today.  I usually bring mommas inside to have their litters but since it hasnt been very cold out lately, I decided to go ahead and leave Marie outside and give her a nestbox.....she's kind of a nervous doe anyways and I didnt want to stress her out by moving her.
As I was feeding, I noticed a bit of fur on the ground that had fallen through the wire under her cage.....I got excited, yay more baby Hollands!  I took out the nestbox and to my surprise, Marie had SIX babies~all tucked nicely in a well furred nest  :)   This is her first litter, she did a great job! 

For Sale page updates:
Tort doe #6 & #4 have both been sold.
I also sold Jorja, who was bred to Tristan.....they went to live in SC with the Fisher Family~at Fisher Farms Rabbitry.  I wish you guys the best of with them  :)

Some exciting news....our little miracle baby has its eyes open, and oh my gosh....it is the cutest little thing I have ever seen!  So adorable <3

-Malena

No comments:

Post a Comment