Tuesday, May 11, 2010

late night babies

Brendan has a couple Netherland Dwarfs due, Lexus & Mercedes both got nestboxes a couple days ago....Lexus built a nest and started plucking fur right away, but so far hasn't had any babies.  Mercedes, didn't do much when I first gave her the nestbox, but then I saw her arranging the nest and plucking fur yesterday.  I waited and waited, and no babies.  Then, I saw her plucking more fur again tonight.....so I went down and checked on her several times.  This last trip downstairs, I saw movement in the nestbox!!!  :)   Mercedes had 4 babies...one was a DOA peanut, the other 3 are nice and healthy.  I did have to remove the placenta from one baby, since it was still attached.  But other than that, she did a great job.  
Now, we're just waiting to see if Lexus has babies too~keep your fingers crossed!  lol
Brendan's herd buck, Yogi makes gorgeous babies so Brendan & I are both really excited about the newest batch of babies.  In a few more days, Audi is due to have a litter.  Its kind of early but I saw her plucking a small bit of fur this morning so I went ahead and gave her a nestbox just in case.

-Malena

No comments:

Post a Comment